Getting to Uluru
You can fly to Uluru (Ayers Rock) via Jetstar or Virgin Australia from all Australian capital cities. Connellan Airport is the name of Ayers Rock’s airport. It’s located 10 minutes drive from Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort). There are free shuttle buses and hire car desks at the airport.
A flight from Sydney to Ayers Rock takes around three and a half hours; from Melbourne, it takes about 3 hours. Alice Springs to Ayers Rock Resort is a 1 hour flight or a 4.5 hour drive (450kms).
International guests may like to consider a Qantas Aussie AirPass for a more convenient way to include Ayers Rock (Uluru) in their itinerary.
While most Yogis will fly into Uluru for the Auspicious event of Shri MahaGanesha Puja, some may like to travel by coach as a cost-effective option and to see the beauty of Australia by road.
There are now two coach options available… one coach will be departing from Sydney and the other from Adelaide.
Please see details below including how to book and pay for your seat. We ask that payments are made by 1st June 2019.
Sydney to Uluru Coach
Departure from Sydney
- Depart Sydney: Wednesday 4th September 7pm.
Depart from Strathfield Ashram 156 Albert Road Strathfield.
- Breakfast stop: Mildura.
- Overnight stop: Thursday night 5th September including dinner and breakfast in Coober Pedy at the Oasis Coober Pedy Tourist Park. (Note: Yogis to book and pay for their own accommodation).
- Arrive Uluru: Early afternoon Friday 6th September.
Return to Sydney
- Depart from Uluru: Monday 9th September 6pm.
- Breakfast stop: Port Augusta
- Overnight stop: Tuesday 10th September including dinner and breakfast in Wagga Wagga Beach Caravan Park. (Note: Yogis to book and pay for their own accommodation).
- Arrive Sydney: Wednesday afternoon.
Fare: $248 (does NOT include accommodation and meals whilst travelling as you will need to be responsible for purchasing your own food.)
Coach Registration – Sydney to Uluru: For registration and payment details contact Jenny Zappavigna [email protected]
Adelaide to Uluru Coach
Departure from Adelaide
- Depart Adelaide: Wednesday 4th September 6:30am
Depart from Adelaide Central Bus Station 85 Franklin St Adelaide.
- Arrive approx 6:00pm at Coober Pedy (approx 11 hours travelling).
- Overnight stop: at Coober Pedy. (accommodation included in fare).
- Arrive Uluru: Thursday 5th in the late afternoon at Uluru (approx 9 hours travelling).
Return to Adelaide
- Depart Uluru: Tuesday 10th 10:00am driving straight through to Adelaide with comfort and meal stops only.
- Arrive Adelaide: Wednesday 11th 7:00am at Adelaide Central Bus Station. Travel time approx 20 hours.
Fare: $288 (subject to filling the bus) includes:
- Return bus fares. (Recliner seat in 48 person bus with toilet facility onboard)
- Accommodation in Coober Pedy at the Oasis Coober Pedy Tourist Park. (shared cabins)
Does NOT include meals whilst travelling as you will need to be responsible for purchasing your own food.
Coach Registration – Adelaide to Uluru : For registration and payment details contact Maria Sandery [email protected]